At Aero Rubber Company, we offer a broad range of standard and custom rubber solutions, utilizing EPDM material. We can produce many different parts and products using a variety of manufacturing processes, including molding, extrusion, cutting, slitting, splicing, and pressure-sensitive adhesive (PSA) application. Whether you need EPDM rubber bands for use in tough outdoor environments, or another component, Aero can help. We develop rubber sheets and slabs, molded parts, rubber extrusions, fabricated parts and gaskets, made to your specifications.
Ethylene propylene diene monomer (EPDM) is a synthetic rubber material with properties that make it particularly well suited for use in outdoor and other harsh applications. EPDM offers a high level of resistance to sunlight, heat, and weather. For Outdoor, UV and applications with Water Contact, EPDM is a popular choice for grommets, gaskets, and tubing.
Properties of EPDM
EPDM has several unique physical properties that make it excellent for use in challenging environments, such as:
- Broad temperature resistance (-20° F to 250° F)
- Peroxide-cured EPDM up to 300° F
- High tensile strength (500 PSI to 2,500 PSI)
However, it is important to note the material has poor resistance to fuel, grease/oil, and solvents. As such, it is not suitable for oil and gas or similar industrial applications.
Benefits of EPDM
There are numerous advantages to choosing EPDM for your rubber part needs. For example:
- EPDM is exceptionally resistant to damage and degradation caused by ozone, ultraviolet radiation, weather, water, and steam. These qualities make it a good choice for parts and products that will be used in outdoor environments.
- EPDM is extremely durable. This property offers extended life due to its tensile strength, elongation, and wear resistance resulting in cost savings over lesser rubber polymers.
- EPDM is highly versatile. This quality enables the material to be used in various rubber manufacturing processes, including, but not limited to, calendaring, molding, extrusion, die cutting, and splicing.
Applications of EPDM
Due to its many benefits, EPDM is used for parts and products for a wide range of industries. Typical applications include:
- In the aerospace industry: window seals, fabricated parts and gaskets, EPDM tubing and custom hose
- In the defense industry: gaskets, seals, and tubes
- In the HVAC industry: grommets, seals, and tubes
- In general industrial applications: belts, grommets, O-rings, and tubes/hoses
Aero Rubber also manufactures EPDM rubber bands. These all-weather bands are suitable for use in indoor or outdoor environments in all types of weather:
- Pallet bands for outdoor material handling
- Tab bands for horticulture or factories
- Helmet bands for construction crews or firefighters
- Tactical bands for outdoor enthusiasts
EPDM Rubber Manufacturing Solutions at Aero Rubber
Looking for a partner for your next EPDM rubber manufacturing project? Turn to the experts at Aero Rubber! We are well-versed in manufacturing high-quality EPDM rubber components. Our capabilities include:
- Rubber Sheet/Rolls: We provide EPDM rubber sheets and slabs in different grades, finishes, and sizes.
- Extrusions: We produce extruded EPDM rubber components in standard or custom shapes.
- Tubing: We make custom EPDM rubber tubing or custom hose per your specifications and requirements.
- Gaskets and Seals: We offer custom EPDM rubber gasket and seal capabilities for a wide range of applications across a variety of industries.
- Rubber Fabrication: We maintain a range of EPDM rubber fabrication capabilities, including lathe cutting, die cutting, waterjet cutting, slitting, vulcanized splicing, molded corner splicing, and pressure-sensitive adhesive application.
To learn more about our custom rubber capabilities or request a quote for your next project, contact us today.